View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 10:40 AM

Many variables come into play on this. Size of unit (likely either a 2, or 2.5 ton in your case), distance from furnace, distance from electrical panel all come into play, as well as thermostat and control wiring may not be suitable, and could need to be upgraded. Lose numbers will put you somewhere around the $3k mark, possibly more, possibly less depending on actual site conditions and unit chosen. SEER is the seasonal energy efficiency rating, and is based on cost of operating over an entire season, and is calculated based a much warmer climate than ours. The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient the unit. However, as the SEER goes up, so does the initial cost. In our climate, and the short length of our cooking season, I wouldn’t recommend anything above a 17 SEER, as it will take many years to recover your cost. That being said, the new energy code dictates that nothing below a 14.5 SEER can be installed in a residential application. If you have any questions after receiving your quote, feel free to PM me. Also, I’d recommend getting more than one quote.