View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hunter View Post
No worries about Italy, they didn't even qualify
Serbia 🇷🇸 is my team ( but I know they will disappoint, as always &#128548.
And mother Russia 🇷🇺 next !!
I think 🇫🇷 France will be in the final
Brazil has the most talented team that can not play together 🤷🏻*♂️ for some reason
German machine is always dangerous. Spanish just lost ther coach, so no finals for them ( I think) Portugal 🇵🇹 will disappoint as well. Croatia 🇭🇷 has very good team, and could surprise many
My PVR will be working overtime
Italy has been on a downward spiral for the last 6-7 years and it didn't surprise me when I watched some of their games over the last year or two attempting to qualify with a old tired team and old tired tactics of parking the bus and playing not to loose instead of playing to win.

Russia doesn't have the depth. They will go nowhere despite their group selection and even if they get out of the first round they are done in the second.

Serbia has some quality. They will, like always represent themselves well and nobody will take them lightly. That team is improving.

Brasil is exactly how you put it - they have tremendous depth, perhaps a talent pool deeper than most top 20's - but they can't seem to put it together when it counts.

Germany is the solid favourite. They have it all and are playing well.

Croatia, without a doubt, is, like usual, the tournament dark horse. they can beat big teams in big games but seem to "relax" with the less dangerous opponents and are frustrating to watch when they revert to these tactics. If they go into it attacking, they have the pace, depth and ability to hand out some big disappointments to some really strong teams (like they have done so many times before).

Spain will move the ball, control the game and set the trap. They are always dangerous and always quality. they will lull you to sleep then quickly string together a couple nice passes and you are bending over digging the ball out of your own net. They are my second choice.

Portugal will squeak out ties and garnish enough points to, once again, get into the final stages having not won a single game in regulation but, then again, not losing one either. Another team that can be frustrating to watch. I haven't seen many games over the last year or two - so maybe they are different - probably not. Nevertheless, not a team to overlook.

Belgium will smoke everyone (including England) in their group and move onward. They are the most improved team over the last 5 years or so. Quality football from consistent performers like Hazard, Kompany, Fellaini and Lukaku is required but all the rest of the guys are solid contributors on their club teams and starting 11's. They are going to be dangerous and solid. My third pick.

Argentina, although ranked like 4th or 5th or something like that, are overrated IMO. They are dangerous and capable but when faced with Big teams they fold like a cheap deck of cards - Spain smashed them in Feb or Mar and handed them a 6-1 beat down - they looked out of their element. Problem for them is they are qualifying and playing in a confederation with few quality opponents. They do have quality, they do have depth, but can they bring up their game to the level it needs to be - they can do it - they just need to get their stride.

It going to be another great tournament.