View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 08:46 PM

I think bald faced hornets are the same as black jackets. This is the second year I have seen them at my place.
I have experienced multiple bites or stings from wasps as well as yellow jackets. Sometimes I react and sometimes I don't. It always hurts!
The only thing I have observed about these bald faced hornets is that they seem to get aggravated very quick. I run into them every day when I fill my bird baths. I don't want to know how they bite or sting.
The good thing I have read about bald faced hornets is that they will kill other hornets.
I have read that multiple wasp bites can be fatal but it my understanding that fatal stings are life threatening very fast. The fact that you are posting your question means that you will probably survive.
Once when I was in Manitoba I got bit on the side of my leg by something and I did not notice it for a while. It started to itch and then get hot and then swell and my leg was the size of a small pumpkin when I went to the Snow Lake Hospital. They gave me a shot of something and released me. In the morning the swelling was gone but the itch was still there.