View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
That’s what I used to do. Politely. I will tell you that ignorant people who think they own the range have basically told me to shove it up my rear end when I have asked them if they could move over to the benches at the end of the range. I also had a guy at CHAS who wanted to fight when I told him not to handle his gun when people are down range changing targets.

So please, for those of you who think common sense and courtesy is the answer, think again. And if you don’t believe me, drive the QEII on a long weekend.

Without a clearly defined range policy, you are right in the position that Twisted Canuck, myself, and countless others have found themselves in… multiple benches open and Rambo needs to set himself up right next to you, and blow your eardrums out. No thanks.
It's surprising how ignorant some people can become when their actions at the range are questioned. One of the RSOs at my former range politely reminded a group of three that eye protection was mandatory at the range, and one of the group became belligerent , and asked where this was stated in the rules, and how members were supposed to know this. The RSO suggested that the guy read the writing painted on the top of the bench he was using, as reminders about mandatory ear and eye protection were painted across the top of each bench. The guy grudgingly put on safety glasses, and the RSO left, but mentioned it to the club president who was at the clubhouse having a discussion with a few executive members, including myself. The president decided to walk over, and the guy was not wearing glasses as he was shooting,so the president reminded him that is was range policy. The guy blew up, started swearing, and went on a tirade, screaming that he purchased a membership to be able to shoot, not to be hassled by A-holes. He screamed that he was going to take this up with the executive, at which point the president introduced himself. The president then returned to the clubhouse, we held a quick executive vote, and the guys swipe card was deactivated, and his membership revoked.