View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I don't use brakes on my hunting rifles but do have one on my competition rifles. I don't have one because I think it looks cool but it does reduce muzzle flip and helps me see impacts and aids in spotting your own shots. I shoot a lot from my tripod and improvised positions but try to stay away from other shooters because I know it may affect someone else. I won't whine though if someone beside me is shooting with a brake. It's a shooting range and expect you may encounter someone shooting with a brake. If you can't handle that take up golf, shoot at your own range or go to crown land.
Just ranting. I always use both plugs and muffs at the range and set up away from them as much as possible. Most breaks are not too bad but there are a few that it's no fun to be shooting beside when ones on the neighboring bench. I have a Krieger 6BR barrel that came with a muzzle break when I got my switch barrel gun, why it on a 6br is beyond me, its a heavy gun and makes no real difference in recoil as it has almost none to begin with but is just loud and annoying so I rarely use it. Will get a cut and re crown one of these days.

I wouldn't waste valuable range time to play golf though, that's crazy talk..