View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold lake guy View Post
2009 skandic wt 550fan, my go to sled for the last 5 years never misses a beat and has both electric and pull start. I’ve never had an issue with the electric start battery wise, I’d never own a sled with out pull start again. Especially when I usually ice fish alone, I had a four stroke before....dead battery and your screwed might as well set it on fire and send help smoke signals.
In my opinion 2 strokes are easier to maintain fill the fuel and oil and go.... no expensive filters or oil. Especially if they tend to sit for a few weeks at a time.
And they start at -40 no problem, Yamaha 4 strokes are useless below -15
The 20 inch wide track floats over flood water and ruts and the fan engine needs even less maintenance than a liquid cooled.
I have a 2008 Skandic, same model. It has never let me down in the 7 years I have owned it. I'm not small nor are my friends and it fits 2 easy with small kid in between, along with towing a sled behind. I've even had two guys on it, 2 tow behind sleds, one with all our gear, one with another big dude in it. Don't really do much to it other then the odd spark plug change and grease the fittings that need it in the spring.

The only issue I have with it now is you can't find a tarp for hauling, they have discontinued that size. Thankfully they don't put the calcium chloride on the roads anymore.........