View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:43 AM

IMO Phillips and the AEP are full of environmental yuppies that couldn’t manage their way out of a paper bag. Closures will only put more pressure on other areas causing more closures. They are pointing fingers at ohv and campers and not industry, free range cattle, or development which are a far far more contributing factor.
Phillips is achieving her goals with Y2Y. First the land grabs, then ohv, open camping, and now hunters and anglers.
Our fisheries have been managed very poorly for decades regardless of which gov is in power. Only the one in power now is answer to everything is to shut it down. They are wasting money developing parks, in which all parks operate at a financial loss. That money would have done wonders put towards fishery management. Especially with some people who are educated and not driven by eco ideals.
I thought for years all eastern slopes should be c&r.
The areas I fish... haven’t changed since I was a kid. I see more and larger bulls and catch larger Cutties than ever.

They want people out. Period.

The ndp continually put out skewed articles and fear mongering, trying to gain support from people who don’t spend anytime outdoors and don’t know any better.
Example the latest one saying ohv causes grizzly bear deaths. Show me on bear that was killed by an ohv.
One only has to go back ten years in news articles only to find that multiple articles were written about grizzly population rising and coming back. And even last year about more encounters with humans/bears. It’s not because of more people, it’s more bears which are on the move due to too many in one area. All while ohv and open camping were happening.

Wish everyone would see past their differences.. no matter if you dislike ohv... camp but don’t hunt... fish but don’t camp... whatever... because the ndp is and will be affecting us all in some way shape or form. We could all come together, work together, find common ground so we can all enjoy the land and our interests, and drive proper management for ohv, camping, hunting, and angling.

Even lately Y2Y contradicted themselves by saying sedimentation caused by ohv is bad for fish... then they come out with an article saying sedimentation is healthy and needed for the ecosystem and reproduction. They are against people in the backcountry.... as is Phillips.... period.

Last edited by NUK SOO KOW; 01-05-2018 at 10:12 AM.