View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Bear View Post
How many bait sites are your numbers from? How big of an area? If that is all the non target kills over several WMU's and say over 40 plus bait stations those are very low numbers. If those numbers are from 2 or 3 townships and maybe a dozen bait stations then I would have to say they are high.
From what I know, it's very possible that those numbers are from one bait station only.

Either way I'd bet it's just a small part of the whole picture. If those numbers were that total for the whole province for entire life of this program you can bet that would be made very clear in the report. As you say, spread over a large area and several dozen bait stations and several years, those numbers would be acceptable to many people who don't understand how devistating this poison can be.
You can bet your butt that the government is well aware of the potentual for a public relations disaster when using this poison and they will absolutly put the best spin on it that they can.

George Bernard Shaw