View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Not sure where or how you store your firearms but I am 100 % sure I would know if I had a break in resulting in my firearms being stolen. If I lost the firearm while hunting or forgot it at the range I fairly sure I would know about it.

What you guys are describing is a very unlikely event unless the person is involved in something criminal like firearms trafficking
Firearms trafficking? What if a trusted person stole the firearm from the home, a person accidentally left one at the range or in their car and it went missing from there? So it's "firearms trafficking" for Citizens when they go missing but not when Law Enforcement loses them?

Edit, Here's a scenario..... A person is showing a relative a few of their firearms from a large collection and the relative puts a pistol in their coat when the owner goes to another room to get something and doesn't notice that it's missing until the Police ask about it when they are at the home for an unrelated reason. Yes, it's unlikely- but you would think that it's also unlikely that Law Enforcement would lose track of machine guns- but obviously it does happen.

Last edited by New Hunter Okotoks; 07-13-2019 at 05:05 PM.