View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 11:50 PM

Default great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
https://shop.cricut.com/en_ca/?gclid...FQYJaQodr6wFPw

This would be awesome for paper patching. You can buy it for the wife so she can make girl stuff then borrow it.
My wife is already a scrapbooking extraordinaire! I know for fact I have seen one of these gadgets kicking around! Might be a bit overkill, but I have to ask her to try it out for me. A guy could probably have her program in all the different calibre measurements and kick them out as needed!

I don't really find paper-patching all that labor intensive. I have a small paper cutter that cuts the strips of paper for me out of a pad of normal graph paper. The graph paper helps keep all the cuts straight. I then just mark the proper lengths on the strips, and eyeball the angle cuts. It's nothing really to kick out a hundered patches in short order.
Where I find it sometimes takes a bit of work, is in the waterproofing process. I made a mix of 50/50 beeswax and vaseline, heated up together, and just take a thumb scraping of the mix and work it into the paper of the dried, wrapped bullet. To me, this is probably the most time-consuming part of the process.