View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 03:27 AM

Default Let the kids have more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel-shooter View Post
Great to know, my daughter took this 2 years ago, paid $50 if I remember, get a hard copy of book, when she was to write, we phoned and they mailed out the test, once she completed I had to bring it in and they marked it on the spot. My son turns 12 in July so he is chomping at the bit, got to luv technology!
This on line course is great, but why rob your kids, youth what ever of the real experience. Join your local Fish and Game club (Sherwood Park has an awesome club) and as in ours, we send two, maybe three kids to Narrow Lake Conservation Camp (at no cost to the kid) every summer. My Daughter went last summer (going back in July, I hope) and came home with her Hunters course, her Boat operators License, her Firearms certificate and had a heck of a good time doing it in a one week camp atmosphere. Our deal is the parents should be active with the club. They are running two camps this July, 5 to 11 and 19 to 25. And if you want to volunteer to help, it is always appreciated. AHEIA does the same thing with their youth camps. And new this summer July 15,16, 17 is the AFGA BOW course (Become an Outdoor Women) which will be held at Narrow lake as well. I believe this gets the Ladies their Hunter Education course. And I know I have said all this on an earlier post when some people were asking where they can get their kids trained, but it is worth repeating. So Get out there and join any of the organizations that support the Hunters and Fishermen(Fisherladies) and get trained.