View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Great post. I hope most people can take their kids out and teach them the love of the outdoors. These places are great for that but it seems like a shame to me some of these great little spots become a family feed festival. I hate seeing a half dozen people pulling buckets and buckets of fish out of a little pond (despite it being 100% legal to do so).

Keep one and eat it - I support that.

Either way - a word of advice - be careful how much info you share on specific locations (especially those in or near the city) - sometimes the internet can have a dramatic impact on the fishing pressure. I've seen 2 lakes go from quiet great little fisheries into shoulder to shoulder people destroying the lake within a season of a post similar to this.
Thank you! I can see your concern but generally people are not keeping the fish the times we've been there. A lot of people don't catch any fish either so I'm not too worried.
The lake is filled in part by run off from the storm drains and dog grunge so I'd say most are not too keen on eating the fish there. We even had other locals warning us not to eat the fish. Like you said, one to keep and eat is fine.

Yeah, I was concerned about that as well. I would love if more of the lakes in this area were stocked so we weren't stuck to one location inside the city other than the Sturgeon River which is only fishable in parts. Maybe people will manage to destroy this spot but I hope not.