View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 01:26 AM
Gone Hunting

I use 150 or 165 gr bullets in all my 30 caliber rifles. I have three, a 30-06, a 30-30 and a 303. Okay so the .303 is not really a 30 cal, but it's close enough.

I like to know what to expect from the bullets I use. I find that when I mix and match I loose track of what I loaded in what cartridge.

I don't hunt much any more, too many health issues, but when I did I took plenty of Moose Bear and Deer with either a 150 spitzer or a 165 btsp.

My primary objective is putting meat on the table so I'm more focused on making the shot count then taking a trophy, that frees me up to wait for a shot I feel confident I can make.

For me, that's a lung shot. So, I don't need a high priced bullet to get the results I want. Just about any bullet will do.

I don't shoot at ranges past 200 yards, my hands have never been steady enough for that, besides, I seldom see game further then that, where I can't stalk to a range I feel more comfortable with.

To each their own. I can't and won't advise anyone on what will work best for them. Everyone has their own criteria and I'm not an expert.

What works for me may not appeal to anyone else and that's fine.
I hunt for no one but me.

George Bernard Shaw