View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
This report disagrees. And says the same thing as well

Some HARSH (But true) criticism in here. This organization sounds like they have horrible hiring policies.
I was stunned to read some of this.
https://thehockeywriters.com/edmonto...dnt-sway-fans/
That report pretty much sums up the discussion except for the fee increases. After speaking with some other season ticket holders that were at Monday’s meeting, I think the report is just guessing at an increase or they have heard from sources.

Don’t get me wrong - I am not defending this hot mess the Oilers have become. I am a 20 year season ticket holder, but harsh critic of how the organization is run operationally even more than the horrific product they have iced for 20 years. I think Bob was doing his best at the meeting, but as usual with the Oilers they try to conflate past success with future potential. For example, the Q&A session started off with more stories from Craig Simpson and Jack Michaels. Who cares about Simpson and Manson hating each other when they were on separate teams and then being roomies when Manson gets traded to the Oilers? People were there to hear from the CEO and vent. There were some tough questions too and they were handled reasonably well. But overall, there was too much “look at the development of the Ice District” and “look at how beautiful Rogers Place is”.

My point was that when asked specifically about what the increase was for next year, of which I am keenly interested in, Bob said it hadn’t been determined yet. I am sure they want an increase and I am sure they know the range. But I also prefer facts over supposition.