View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
The Messier, Scott Stevens, Potvin, Lemieux days are over. Captaincy used to be an iconic thing. Now it’s just a letter. McDavid doesn’t thrill me as a captain..
I disagree, in the general sense (not about the Oilers per se). There are still some who wear the C that fit in with that list. Look at Gio, the oldest guy on the team, putting up the best numbers of his career, battling every game and being a real leader on and off the ice. And it would seem that it has had a positive effect on the whole team, by the current standings. There are others as well in the league (Ovi, Getzlaf, Chara, Toews, Foligno, Weber, Crosby, Giroux, Pavelski, Stamkos?) who seem to fill the 'old school' idea of being a Captain pretty good.

Gio isn't the only leader on the Flames, some of the young guys like Chucky also seem to be a great motivator. That's just my take on it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 03-20-2019 at 05:05 PM.