View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
Wow! I'm on the same page as you guys! Goodyear Duratracks! Awesome tires, the very best I've used in 2,000,000 truck kilometres.

And I'm with you, one set a year, put them on before the weather gets snotty, drive the good edge off them in winter, wear them the rest of the way in summer. I also stud for extra safety on winter ice.

Second truck, I don't use as much, so I take off the like new tires for summer, and drive it on long trips in summer on smooth riding tires.
You’ve had better luck than me with duratracs. I have 2 sets for my 3/4ton truck at work. One studded 245 wide and unstuffed 265 wide. Both 17” rims. I can’t stand either. Way better options out there for a winter tire and I find the lugs get plugged up with mud and don’t clear out so you end up with a racing slick. Noise doesn’t bother me as the truck make enough rattling to cover that. So far probably about 15000 miles on each set and of say 1/3 tread is gone from both. The studs aren’t very useful anymore and I may just try to pull them this fall...