Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
ah so it was just pure ignorance/trolling that you were going for..... It's this type of ignorance that will only make matters worst.
No, I would love for our next GOV to rip this paper up and use it for cleaning the floor of the legislature.

Honestly though, I didn't know a damn thing about this new deal. In doing my research I see you were wrong as well. Discussion about this edition of the Metis giveaway didn't start until after the NDP were put into place, not 10 years ago as you had said.

I dont understand how something this major can go by with out some sort of consultation. I never saw or heard one damn thing about it.

In reading the harvester survey, it seems the approx 70% of harvesters are either willing to drive 3 hours or any place in the province in order to be able to kill something. Does this sound like a local type thing? Or that they are hunting for food? No, this is about big game hunting when they want. They talk of Caribou, Goat and Feral horse hunting as well. No Grizz that I can see.

As well, in looking at the harvester feedback survey from the Metis nation, it seems that over 1/2 of the so called Metis out there are not recognized by the Alberta Gov. So with out knowing better, i am left to assume they are just poaching and breaking the law since 2007.

This has to come to a end. Phone your UCP candidate and find out what the hell is going on. We can not let the NDP just run crazy over our wildlife.

Reilly, whats your stake in all this? Me, It's a old battle that just crept back up on me. I have no Metis card in play here. Whats your story?