View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243plus View Post
I agree, banning access is not the answer. But limiting the TYPE of access in sensitive areas is part of the answer. I would probably add that limiting the time of year may be a consideration also. As example, bull trout lay their eggs in the fall, and they hatch in the spring. Perhaps (I am speculating here, just an example) there should be curtailment of access to those spawning streams during that time? I am NOT advocating that, just giving it as an example.
This is the thing. Have you read the current Bighorn use plan/policy/regulations? All of these points exist already. There are areas closed to OHV traffic. There are areas that are open. There are areas with designated trails only. Some of the trails have time of year restrictions. Some of the trails have temporary closures. Equestrian activity is curtailed in some areas and each area has its own rules regarding oil, gas and lumber activity. The framework of a fluid and adaptable management of the area exists and is active. So the current "proposal" has nothing to do with protection of sensitive areas within a multi-user framework, and there is no evidence from existing models that their "plan" is better.