View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243plus View Post
The report is not small; it's 141 pages, with almost 20 pages of citations. I've only skimmed it, as I just became aware of it. It was released back in May of 2017. What I did see is that most of the environmentally sensitive areas are covered by the Bighorn plan in one way or another.

Has anyone done an in-depth read on this?
So now we know where the blueprint for this whole debacle has come from. The same folks that engineered the Castle, according to their brag sheet
Quote:
Our Mission

WCS Canada saves wildlife and wild places in Canada through science, conservation action, and by inspiring people to value nature. WCS Canada uses a unique blend of on-the-ground scientific research and policy action to help protect wildlife across Canada. Our scientists are leaders in developing solutions to address conservation challenges, from the impacts of climate change on wildlife and wild areas to the cumulative effects of resource development and other human impacts. We work in some of the wildest corners of Canada to build a scientific case for the conservation of globally important wild areas, like the far north in Ontario, the Northern Boreal Mountains of BC and Yukon, and the Arctic Ocean, where there is still a big opportunity to protect intact ecosystems. We combine insights gained from our “muddy boots” fieldwork with a big-picture conservation vision to speak up for species such as caribou, wolverine, bats, bison, freshwater fish and marine mammals. This unique approach has led to many conservation successes, including a seven-fold expansion of Nahanni National Park, protection of Yukon’s pristine Peel Watershed and the creation of the Castle Wildland Park in southern Alberta.