View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
First off, welcome to the forum. I see you just joined....
Thanks, been lurking for awhile

Quote:
So what you are saying is that polls by the sun, cbc (I cringed just typing that word), ect...hold no relevance.
But yet a poll bought and paid for by CPAWS is valid?? Seems like quite an agenda you have, you didn't join AO just for that did you? Sadly (but not surprising), there are others that will drink the same Kool-Aid
No, what I am saying is that the "polls" that are on the Sun or CBC have no statistical validity. That doesn't mean that those who already are presupposed to accepting the bias those two outlets have and respond are not expressing their opinion, it just means that it doesn't represent anybody but those groups.

The Advanis poll commissioned by CPAWS is statistically valid. I have no doubt that if it was not positive to the CPAWS point of view, that we would never hear about it. That it the way privately commissioned polls normally work. I am disappointed that Advanis did not show all the questions asked; it would add to credibility.

We as hunters need to recognize, I think, that we are a minority and there are a ton of groups, like PETA, which are bound and determined to eliminate the things and activities we love. I think we need to be careful that we don't give them anymore ammunition than they have. Joe Rogan often makes a similar point on his podcasts. They are worth listening to,