View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243plus View Post
Actually, what I said was that the type of polls you see on CBC or the Sun are not valid. A statistically valid polls/studies like the one CPAWS did are valid, and they had a large data set, randomly selected. Here is the polling company's areas of expertise they poll in: https://www.advanis.ca/sector-expertise

The margin of error shown in that poll is +/- 3% at a 95% confidence level. That's a pretty valid poll.

As such, that is the reality we need to deal with. The same goes for hunting in general; when we are only 4-5% of the population, we need the support of the majority to continue. So, with most of Alberta supporting the proposal, even if it can be argued that they have no clue what is in the actual plan (did everyone here actually read the whole plan?), they are going by gut reaction, and as they say in politics, perception IS reality.

And that is the reality we all need to be aware of.
First off, welcome to the forum. I see you just joined....

So what you are saying is that polls by the sun, cbc (I cringed just typing that word), ect...hold no relevance.
But yet a poll bought and paid for by CPAWS is valid?? Seems like quite an agenda you have, you didn't join AO just for that did you? Sadly (but not surprising), there are others that will drink the same Kool-Aid