Thread: Wainwright 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=Sam1414;4071172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So you would be okay with receiving only the benefits specifically mentioned in the treaty? I have read a few treaties, there is no mention of medical or dental treatment, or university education, or homes with running water, electricity and central heat in them, so if we honor the treaties exactly as written, why should the taxpayers pay for those things for individuals effected by the treaties? And if you read the treaties, several even have a clause that stipulates that the government reserves the right to regulate hunting and fishing as they seem necessary.

https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/11.../1100100028803

So you see, I have taken the time to actually read the texts of a few treaties.

I bought and payed for my home and land and do pay taxes. Your privilege to hunt will be long gone before the First Nations right to hunt then waiting 5 years for a draw will be short. So sick of this crap if you don’t like it then move it’s not going to change. I’m glad you have read the treaties top to bottom and I’m happy you understand them. But reamber we hunt by right not privilege like you sir.
Sooo you’re saying that in Canada, someone has more rights than someone else and that some people are more privileged than others!?!? OH BOY. Here I thought this was the land of equal opportunity, and equal rights! Shocker. It would only seem appropriate that someone with their so called higher rights would throw it around the internet and rub it in the faces of those of lesser rights.