View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Wabamun Pike numbers, sizes, health have dramatically diminished since the reintroduction of walleye into that lake.

We caught less than a dozen double digit pike this year, and none over 20. Probably spent 15-20 days out there this year (way down from years past due to the state of the fishery).

This lake (and the pike) was/were drastically different when 4-5 years ago I could guarantee a person a double digit "teener" (a pike 13-19lbs) on ANY DAY of fishing that lake.

There are 4 forum members on this site that have landed their personal best pike on my boat .... a few have posted pictures on here. It may sound like a tall tale - but it was a true trophy pike fishery.

I would be hard pressed to catch a teener on any given day now. When you catch a 42"-43" pike that weighs 16-17lbs - you know they are getting pretty skinny.

Sorry to break the news to you.
Oh I agree,I have also iced multiple fish over 20lbs,some over 25lbs. 12lb is my biggest in 5 trips, I use to ice a dozen in the teens and a 20lb plus every 2nd trip......where are the big ones? My first 3 yrs my smallest was 6lbs!!