View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
I'm not saying that I'm right or not, but I think even the harshest critics would have difficulty denying an animal to low income families for consumption. Give them a special permit and a time frame to harvest provided they meet criteria, and let them feed their family . Point of fact, an SRD friend of mine told me. He charged a fellow with taking a moose out of season, the farm stead looked in poor shape, there were small children running about. He did charge him for the infraction and seized the animal, but the next moose he seized he delivered cut and wrapped to the same family. We should not punish anyone for feeding their family (even though the laws state otherwise) regardless of color or heritage. That is truely denying mankind of "rights" .Just ideas that I toy with , I certainly don't expect anyone to agree with me as I am not nieve enough to think I will change anyones opinions.
I hear what your saying leo and i don't have a problem with it. but most posters that are against the native hunting rights are calling for equality for everyone. i am not naive enough to think that that will ever happen.
one other poster wrote that he would like to know the impact of the native, metis hunting rights. i agree if there was a way to find out, it would help the courts make a decision either way.