View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 09:11 AM

If it were me I’d go with the Engage for the exposed turrets and 2FP.
Doing a side by side comparison of 4-16x44 the Engage and Nitro are virtually identical scopes and specs other then the Engage has exposed turrets and is 2FP vs the Nitro has capped turrets and FFP.
Diamondback is near bottom shelf of Vortex line-up,the tactical has a very busy reticle and also in FFP,I’m not a fan of either for hunting,I like a SFP as far more versatile throughout the magnification range IMHO.My reasoning is that if a target(coyote) is far enough enough away that I’m dialing turrets vs just holding for MPBR,I’ve got the magnification cranked up to max where it’s calibrated anyhow,so 2FP is no disadvantage at all really and not so cluttered and fine at lower magnification as an FFP reticle.
FFP scopes are also normally a fair bit more expensive then their near identical model 2FP counterparts,you’d be hard pressed to find a quality FFP optic <$500 so you know they are skimping somewhere and again,Diamondbacks are Vortex budget line sooooooo.....easy decision there for my money.

Last edited by West O'5; 09-15-2018 at 09:33 AM.