View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
But soooooo worth it! lol!

Seriously though, I stick burnered everything for years and really enjoy it and always pushed the mindset that anything else is just cheating, but even I have succumbed to the pellet smoker. I smoke so often that I just can't justify having to monitor the heat so religiously and never sleep. The pellet grill isn't quite as aggressive smoke wise, but it is still more than pleasing (actually more pleasing to many) and definitely gives a guy his time back to be able to do something other than just watching temperatures all day long. It is also so much simpler to guarantee a problem free cook.

There is something to be said for making amazing bbq mid week while still doing my job and answering e-mails or mowing the lawn or watching a movie with the better half or anything else. I still love firing up the stick burner now and again but pellet has given me more time back for the daily stuff!
Yup, I joke with my buddies about their Easy Bake Ovens but I think I’m going to go the way of the pellet grill. The convenience is very appealing. I’ll keep my WSM and stick burner when I have time and want to play with fire.