Thread: Kid sniffles
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
My kid is home with the sniffles right now. We believe it’s because the farmers are doing the fields. No other symptoms. My boy was required to have his brain swabbed before he is allowed back at school. Our kids school isn’t messing around. They have sent kids home already. So now tell me this here, the government has opened the schools back up and if the kids get so much as a sniffle they are sent home unable to return without a clear pass from covid. You can either wait in line to get swabbed for probably a whole day or make an appointment which we did. Now it takes at least 48 hours to get test results back plus we have to have a clear pass doctors note for school. With this all said and done either the wife or I would have to stay at home from work because the day care doesn’t want him either. Now we have lost a weeks wages along with having to put our selves further at risk by going into a doctors office to get a formal note. On top of all this crap the kids education is segmented and going to crap. I could complain about one thing but I’m not sure what? The Government can lick my bag. I’m at my wits end here.
Any therein lies the problem.

A common cold turns into potentially a week of missed school and wages lost. If you have another kid at home and the one gets something it gets more complex as they have been in contact with someone displaying symptoms (runny nose, cough, etc).

The best solution I can see would be implementation of rapid antigen tests at community level.

A bit of where they are at here....

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ment-1.5081018