View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I think it is population that is the biggest threat. Disease is just a symptom and we are good at treating symptoms. We need to start working on the real threat. Maybe not in our generation, but it definitely will be the next generations biggest issue IMO. I just hope they see it.
Agree 100%. Almost all of todays major problems stem from too many people/consumers. Its nobody's fault and nobody is suggesting mass exterminations but it is what it is and we do ourselves no service by ignoring the obvious. When you have smog so thick you can't see 100 yards, when you have birth control hormones showing up in rivers affecting wildlife, when you have islands of plastic in the sea, when you have bees dying en mass due to rampant pesticide use and ancient aquafers depleted due to (necessary) mass farming, when you have unstainable mining and forestry practices to feed the insatiable demand from 7 billion people...you may have a people problem. Disease is one way mother nature will try to restore balance and in the end I suspect she'll win. Probably not this time around but who knows...