Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 AM

Default -__-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
All I am saying is what the hell is the difference? If you shoot a bow that is 70 lb pull and your gf shoots one that is 45 lbs. I shoot a crossbow at 70 lbs.
Are we shooting at the same animal? Probably not, we are probalbly not even in the same country. What difference does it make what I am shooting?

Big senario. We spot a herd of elk at about 1500 yards. We plan our stock, move to within about 300 yards. We are good to go, line him up and BOOM! he is down. The guy above us saw him to. leveled him with a 50 cal sniper rifle. Fair? regs. say yes, to me BS.

I have met guys packing as crossbow while bowhunting, I never thought onec to ask them why.
To play devils advocate... if you are pulling a crossbow at #70 it is a illegal one. Legal Crossbow is minimum #100. It also is something that takes time to practice at, if you shoot crossbow I'm sure you would agree. The big problem with that is most people wouldn't know that because of how mechanical it is and you would find a lot more people going out into the woods not prepared or with a sufficient amount of practice. Another big difference is the fact that I can cock my crossbow and have it waiting at the ready until I need it. I have to make a motion before shooting a compound/longbow.

Your scenario of elk hunting doesn't make sense... if you enjoy getting close and personal when you take a animal like you would with a bow, why can you not do the same thing with a rifle? you are saying that its a different experience and I would agree on the fact it is a different connection with the land, However IMO if you treat your rifle like a compound you would get the same rush. Fact is most people are lazy and so when they see the animal at 200 yards they take the shot, instead of trying to get in close.