View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker2 View Post
Great I'm in! So do I understand this right?... I make 11 chironomids of one style and send them to you the host?
For some of the people who may be new to this:

- the swap host/swapmeister will be responsible for receiving and then redistributing the collection of 12 flies to each participant

- you must send a minimum of 12 in order to ensure all 12 participants receive a set

- if you only send 11, that leaves the swapmeister having to sort through and figure out who sent what resulting in 11 different sets of flies that need to be sent to specific people - obviously way too confusing.

- if you do not have time to fulfill your commitment, do not join the swap.

- flies should be in the hands of the swapmeister by the due date, preferably before.

- NB - there should be a due date chosen and once that due date arrives, the swapmeister should post a message advising if he/she is awaiting any outstanding flies.

- the swapmeister assumes responsibility for postage in order to redistribute the sets, however, in all the swaps I have been involved in, most of the participants choose to send a little cash donation or some nice ties as a thank you for hosting.

Sorry to sound bossy, but I have been involved in my fair share of these that have resulted in some otherwise preventable conflict.