View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:53 PM

I put one more away yesterday morning. I was almost to my parking spot when I looked over and spotted 4 of them crusing through a draw. Parked the vehicle and snuck back to see if I could call them in. Just as I was laying down to call, I spotted one ambling away at about 800 yards or so. I started calling just after he disappeared over the horizon, and continued to call for 15 minutes with no luck. I concluded that nothing was interested and headed back to the vehicle. When I was was about 500 yards from where I called from, I looked towards the vehicle and spotted one cruising down the middle of the road in my direction. I was only about 300 yards from the road so I started sprinting towards it when he went into a dip. When he came out of the dip I was ready for him and let him have it from 150 yards.
After I shot, I looked around and noticed one zeroing right in on the spot where I had just been calling from. Serves me right for getting up and leaving after only 15 minutes. The second one ended up giving me the slip and I didn't see a single coyote for the rest of the day, despite racking up 15 kms on my hiking boots.