View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
That wouldn’t surprise me...I’ve had more than a few EPS members tell me that Sherwood Park RCMP has a reputation for being...shall we say overzealous handing out tickets....which get thrown out in court.
Last year my son was stopped (there’s a thread on it).... given over $600 worth of tickets which were dropped to about $100 when we went to court.
I used to work on refinery row with a bunch of Sherwood Park boys, you wouldn't believe the stories they told about the RC's and their tickets, like cops rolling around on the ground in -30 to see if a car still had its Catalytic converter still on, that was already after about $600 worth of tickets at the same stop. They guy asked the cop if that was all he could find (he was very frustrated, and rightfully so) so the cop asked him to pop his hood again and started his bumper to bumper search for any more ticket able offences he could find. That was one of many, MANY stories. Sherwood Park must be the safest city in the world when they can focus on how many tickets they can write in one traffic stop. You sure don't get a lot of respect dooing stuff like that. If a guy is ripping through a neighbourhood like a you know what, absolutely load him up with tickets, but it seems to be a competitive sport for them out there for some reason.