View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
I am pretty sure it went unanswered before so I'll ask again...When and why did the narrative change?

Also, plenty of "studies" to corroborate both stories.... and plenty of forum users ready to refute someone's favourite internet source with their very own favourite internet source.
I sincerely hope your wife has recovered. I have a close relative who deals every day with a compromised immune system so I know how harrowing it can be.

I believe the narrative regarding masks changed as the evidence in favour of wearing them became overwhelming. At first, authorities were very slow to react, especially the WHO. As part of the UN, they are hampered by more than the usual dose of politics. As far as Canada and Alberta go, just look at the opposition being voiced on this forum when we are simply being asked to wear a mask when we voluntarily enter a public place. It's no wonder that civil servants are careful about what they say.

As one of those who likes to quote "studies", can you point to recent primary sources that advise against mask wearing? I haven't seen anyone quoting such studies as they whine about having to wear a mask. What I have seen is posters trying to get out of wearing a real mask by talking about bandanas and crocheting. They remind me of the people who used to fight against seat belts in cars.