View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrand View Post
If the guy bullied his way on or made demands that caused the landowner to feel obligated to grant access then there should be an issue. If the guy used his position and convinced the landowner to grant exclusive access and the land owner felt obligated to do that there is an issue.

I used to hunt private land where the land owners refused to allow multiple people to hunt. Some where first come first serve. Other wanted a call in advance so they could control who was on their land at what time. And few would only let me and people who came with me on.

Unless your buddy has an specific allegation to make ( intimidation / coercion / using work time or vehicle ) it sounds like he needs to find other places to hunt.

If he wants so badly to be offended he should try and get permission where some of the outfitters have acquired exclusive access. That is likely a more common ( and equally offensive and more illegal ) occurrence.
I hear yah Ebrand...and the buddy did move off. He's a new hunter and I told him that he'll run into all kinds of situations as he goes hunting down the road. We sent him off to a spot of ours on Crown by Rocky Mtn Hse. where the hubs built a treestand. He will like that better...he's just a young fella.