View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 02:20 PM

Well the club had a tournament last weekend. 14 boats, two days, only five marlin, 15 yellowfin and three mahi mahi caught. Most boats went heavy tackle which stipulates 200+ meters of water but the bite wasn’t there. Last years tourney there were individual boats catching 8 marlin a day.

We won’t head out that deep so maybe we can find something better but typically if the crowd goes wide it’s because there’s very little in closer. Tomorrow’s forecast looks more like calm seas, cold beer and some vitamin D but its impossible to predict and a mans gotta fish when he’s got time so...

These are the majority of the fish available to be caught

Haven’t really seen many sharks. I’ve seen two hammer heads from the boat and the boys had a kingfish sharked once.

More frequently we see dolphins and most guys say if you’ve got dolphins around there are no sharks. They come over and eat the fish we throw back so typically if you stop a dolphin will show up. I’m not saying we never feed them either.

I’ve seen lots of guys jump in and swim with them also. I’ve got a few videos of that but can’t post em.