View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You totally miss the point. Who makes the arbitrary decision as to what is exempt from religious bigotry and who makes the decision as to what is important to a religion to let them cry exemption?

Anyone can make a religion these days. Jehovah's claim exemption from blood transfusions. Is that abuse of a child that needs it or it a fair exemption? Do we only let Christians decide the law or are Muslims, Jewish, Hindu, scientologists get to decide?

""""So should a fanatical devote Muslim be allowed to not provide essential services to a Christian because in his religion he can't help infidels?""""

No I did not miss your point. I was just responding to the above. I do not think who should decide is as important as what should be decided. You used the word essential and asked about a devout Muslim refusing essential service to a non Muslim.

No one should be allowed to refuse essential services. ex. Doctor refusing medical treatment to person because of religion or race.

What should be exempt?

Who are you or anyone else that you should be allowed to tell another religion what should be exempt or not?

It would be far easier to decide what is essential to the real world we live in that is occupied by the secular as well as religious.

l