View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
I have friends who are landlords who told me they will never rent to anybody on aish. I have friends who own companies who said they would never hire a woman (it's labour intensive) but I'm sure they wouldn't be dumb enough to say that in a court.
Probably not, but should they be forced to hire or let these people move into their property? You seem to think they should be forced to.

I want to believe that everyone should be free to hire or rent to whom ever they want, but that leads to some groups not getting a fair chance. However some of these groups cause the problems for others of that same group.

When you have a small business, you want to hire someone who is not going to cause your business problems. As such, they chose not to hire people of a younger age, or sex, because they have had issues with such people not showing up to work. But to come out and say such a thing is not politically correct. Is it wrong? Perhaps, but often it may end up being a good practice, based on experience.