View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but, from talking to others, it’s not so easy to cultivate a plant outdoors with such an impressive thc content of the $14 per gram stuff( 25-28% thc) in our climate that we have in Alberta. I have never tried though, let’s be clear. I get what your saying, I’d love to save more cash too.
You are wrong.

I am no expert but can say pot tends to grow like a 'weed' in Alberta's climate. In the early 70's I planted four seeds in the garden in a row and the plants grew big and lush and produced bud good as any you can buy. and sunlight will grow pot better than any indoor light bulb.

I started an auto flowering plant in a 30 liter pot one March and took it outdoors weather permitting from mid April until May long weekend. Then left it outdoors in the pot. The longest day of the year, June 21, it started flowering and was ready for harvest by September 1. That plant produced 5 big solid buds that were 10 inches long and 3.5 inches in diameter when dried. Those five buds weighed almost 15 ounces dried. It was a better quality than any of the store bought pot you can buy. I never fertilized even once. Just good old water and sunshine. No water for the last few days and harvested after a dark night. Timing of harvest is key.

The best soil for growing pot is if you can find where stinging nettle grows, get a pail full of that soil. Nettle is a companion plant to pot if growing outdoors.

I remember hearing about 25 years ago someone got caught "baling" a few acres of outdoor grown pot somewhere around Barrhead.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 10-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.