View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym View Post
there is a new bridge (i think it was there last year also) at about km 65 that heads arcoss the river and south. think it was called the Pinto mainline rd.

as for the fishing only fished about 2hrs on monday but they were jumping like crazy at every pool. huge mayfly hatch going on and they were very active. landed 4 and had about 6 or so on that spit the hook before i could land them. biggest was about 14" or so others in the 10 - 12 range. very colorful and healthy looking.

good luck
Mike

I believe that bridge is not for public access. I personally would not recommend taking it as per the signage.

The road only follows the river for about 6-7 kms towards the truck road could anyone verify that?

I also fished there on the weekend and the pressure was pretty immense compared to the previous long weekend. but still lots of cutts. over 35 over the course of the day. found a pool(a very long hike) filled with upwards of 30-40 fish to the point where was I was standing in one section and had fish rising almost into me in less than 2-3 inch of water.

I found most big pools had a angler in them almost at every time of the day as well as anglers targeting certain spots with spinning tackle and barbed trebles. I m unsure how I feel about that.