View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsuplander View Post
I have fished this lake about a dozen times this year, with only 1 nice brown to speak of. I have tried a variety of techniques, to no avail. I have been there when there are rising fish but could not figure out a suitable fly. Last night there were some sporadic risers, just slow rolling on the surface but I had no idea what they were feeding on. There were three other fishermen out, using indicators, I did not see any fish caught by these guys either. I was using a sinking line, with a streamer and a backswimmer/copper john pattern. Man this lake has had me buffaloed all summer. If anyone is catching fish here and has some tips on techniques I would love to get some help. Shoot me a PM and we can talk.
In today’s technology all u have to do is google caddis flys and u will get all kinds
Of info on life cycle how they move in the waters etc, then do the same for all other insect life in that lake, example dragonfly,damselfly,backswinmers,boatmen,mayflys,l eaches, minnows this will educate on how the insects move in the water column , the part of the lake they live in etc. People can give u all kinds of spoon fed info but this will make u understand how to fish your fly as far as depth , retrieve and where in lake to find them, this will make u a better fisherman and knowledge able
I hope this helps