View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 02:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your issues, SNS2.

Some great responses on this thread. Crossbows are a ton of fun to shoot, and if you can get the permit to be able to use it in archery season, definitely go with that.

I was introduced to them via my sister (IronNoggin knows who I'm talking about...)

Crossbow technology has come a long way over the years. I still remember being impressed the first time I shot an Excalibur Micro (as compared to earlier models), and there have been improvements since then as well.

I definitely agree with a lot of the previous comments as to how they are a bit more awkward to carry than a compound, and reloading/cocking is a more deliberate process.

Then there is the whole aspect of whether you are comfortable stalking/walking with a loaded/cocked crossbow as well (that can be a whole other discussion!) Sitting on a stand or blind, as mentioned before, they definitely shine. With a decent rest, even better.

Of course, there's the stigma of having to deal with people calling you an "X-Gun shooter", and claiming that you can arrow animals out to 200 yards...