View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorfanatic View Post
I'm confused, hunting an elk island elk in Blackfoot or Ministik is good or bad?
I'm not surprised that some here refuse to answer the question.

The same applies for Cypress Hills, Kananaskis and the K country parks, Willmore, and now the Castle.

Any experienced hunter knows how quickly animals change their tune when they become hunted.

The difficulty of the hunt is the least of the important factor here,
Most important is having hunting included as a legitimate wildlife management tool.

It is beyond me why some people here can't see that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
This isn't a hunt, it's a cull. If anyone is allowed to enter the park to shoot the animals, they should put a ban on the retention of antlers. This way the anti's can't call it a trophy hunt, the people who only shoot out of their vehicles can stay home too, this won't be a trophy hunt for them either. Managing the herd is #1 priority, #2 is filling the freezer for those who will eat it.

Anyone who would consider this a hunt, isn't a hunter.

Any hunt can be part of a cull.
A cull does not have to include hunting.
This is such a silly point to have to make....

This is a Cull ( a purposeful population reduction) that may use Hunting as the mechanism to effect the reduction.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."