View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFFBUFF View Post
Range was there first 15-20 yrs before. Used to go out to 400m and was shortened to 200 and big baffles installed and bermed up some more. I believe there has been a handgun range or 2 added since facing south as well.
Back in the late 70's early 80's it was the trap club and rifle range and as the city expanded they swallowed up the existing indoor range. When we had to move out there we had a minimal club house at first and I can remember it being built.

The handgun range started south of the trap range but once the golf course was developed that handgun range had to close and it was moved over by the rifle range. Downrange on everything was south.

Early on we had a silhouette range out to 550m that I would shoot regularly. It was probably one of the finest ranges in the province. It was bermed then but still wide open.

Once the golf course was developed there was a lot of pressure to have it shut down but they didn't succeed. But they did manage to have the range shortened to 2 or 300 meters I can't remember and they had to add all the baffles and higher berms.

I was a member in those years and helped with a lot of work on one thing or another. I don't think I have been down there since the early 90's but I sure sighted in a lot of rifles over the years. I hope nothing bad comes from this.