View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 07:07 PM

Thanks guys , it does get lots of rain. Near Powell River about ninety miles north up the coast from Vancouver. I took a load of lumber up on Friday and took a young fellow from work with me to help unload the landingcraft. The cabin is over 100 metres from shore but I've been piling my wood about 25 metres inside the treeline and then packing it up later as I need it. Well I lowered the front ramp/door and nosed into shore and tied up. We then walked into where my lumber was stacked to pick a spot for the new pile when we heard a snort to our left. We looked over and just 25 feet away was a grizzly standing there. After backtracking to the boat I grabbed a bear banger off the dash and started to screw on a cartridge thinking the bear likely went the other way I still wanted to fire one off just in case. But then the young fellow said you do know he's coming to the boat and sure enough he came through the bush right to the boat and was still coming. I fired the banger up in the air and he took off like a shot. First time I've gone up without a gun but I won't make that mistake again. Now when I work on the cabin I look around more often and if I'm doing anything for any period of time that is quiet I take out my hammer and bang the floor a couple of times just to make a bit of noise. No pics of him on the game camera by the cabin so maybe he'll leave it alone. Will continue to post pics as I progress. I'll bet if that bear had been a pokemon the young fellow would have gotten pics of it. LOL Jim