View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clgy_Dave2.0 View Post
Beautiful cabin sir. Growing up I've always wanted to be able to have a cabin somewhere. Never being able to own any land, and no family ever did, it's always just been a pipe dream.

I'm curious about yours. Obviously this is land you own? How far a drive from your home/city is it? How close is it to a roadway? (ie: do you have to Quad everything in?) Do you have a water source nearby?
What size generator and inverter are you running? I would love to have something like that.
Thank you!
Yes it is my own land. I own a section and a bit next to crown land. I use half of it for cattle and the back half bordering crown land for recreation. It is about 20 miles from town. I intend to use an eavestrough on the back side of the cabin to fill a 1000l water tank with a small 12v livewell pump for a outside shower, basin etc. I can get close with a truck if it is dry, but if not i park at the approach and quad in. I bought a 2000w yamaha inverter generator that is wired to the cabin for lights and wall plugs. It can also charge a battery connected to an inverter. I can switch between the inverter or generator with a manual switch if i dont want to hear the generator humming. To charge the battery i fill the generator with a litre of gas and when i leave i start it and it stops when it runs out of gas after about 60 minutes. Enough time to charge the 100amp battery. that whole system was a bit of an overkill but nice to have I guess.

It is a beautiful piece of property. I am very fortunate to own it