View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
Very impressive, I hope you have pictures during fabrication. I look forward to seeing them.

I am currently doing a custom fit on a target 22. It is nice to fit & test then refit.
Epoxy is neat stuff, Tibor @ Industrial Plastics in Calgary has been a great help.

My views of 'lapping rings' are previously stated, I suspect if you properly epoxy bed your P-rail, little or no 'lapping' will be required.

Good Luck, YMMV.
I had a couple sets of,the same cheap 6 screw tactical style rings, I lapped another set and by the wear marks from lapping they really didn't need it, being a softer metal it's not really needed for the most part as they will contort to the scope instead of vice versa, I just want to check for straightness and clean any high spots.

The other thing I'm doing is replacing the cross bolt with a larger one, and squaring the sides so it fits tight between the picatinny lugs. I dislike the common use of weaver width bolts on a pic rail giving it wiggle room for movement during recoil.

Not bothering with epoxy bedding the rail, this is my third EGW rail and they've all been perfect. I did however tap,a fourth hole for the 788 action. They use 3 screws (8t-32) instead of 700 style (4 x 6-32). I might be off on the thread pitch, can't remember exactly off hand.