View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
Shot a 7mm RM for years. Carried a 338 WM and 300 WM also. Now mostly carry my 338 Federal.
That .338 Federal is one that I still keep thinking I need. It just seems right.

Anyway, I started hunting with a Remington 788 in .308 and it worked just fine. Then I saw a beautiful Boone & Crockett edition Model 700 in 7mm-08 and had to get it (and sold the 788 cuz $ was tight then). Love that 7mm-08, and taken about 15 deer, elk, moose with it. And a couple coyote too.

$ got better, and I got a good deal on a Model 700 XHR in .300 WM, so got it. Pounded some elk, moose, deer, and a couple coyotes with it. It worked too.

Then got a nice old BDL in 7mm RM, and I really like that cartridge too. Some deer and a coyote got tipped over with it.

I like them all, but mostly when I reach in the safe I grab the 7mm-08 now. It's a lighter rifle, and it seems to kill things just as dead as my magnums. But I'd still be ok with any of them. Just like that light short action -08.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone