Thread: Bergara rifles
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 01:16 PM

So I went down to Flys ect today to have a look at this rifle. For all intense purposes it is a Remington clone, the differences being a side bolt release, mildly coned bolt face, and model 70 push feed style extractor. The targets I was shown were in that 1 1/4" range so no doubt would get under an inch with load development. The bolt to body fit seemed to have somewhat excessive clearance for my liking, and really rattles around. The synthetic stock was somewhere between a Rem Tupperware and tikka style as far as feel/quality. The stock has moulded in pillars. The bolt knob appeared to be removable. The trigger broke clean with no real creep. The bottom metal floor plate looks like crap (in my opinion) but the trigger guard looks really nice and well finished. The magazine follower was of the Rem milled style but appears to be cast. The overall metal finish on the gun was nice. The inside of the barrel had a near mirror finish.
Sounded like about $1200 for the synthetic and $1400 for the walnut.
For my money I would rather have a Remington CDL.

"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper