View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 10:17 PM

Thanks guys. I have learnt a ton on here from you guys with a lot of my childish questions. I am trying to figure out what works best for me. I have some tweaking to do with my tote snares and changed a few things to try and be more humane. I had some coyotes that were alive last year and although they didn't seem under much stress or water heads I would rather see them dead. I check my snares every day so maybe they were just caught? who knows. I did realize that I was only using 7 foot cable so this year I got 8 footers made and I also made a pile of extensions off my old used snares. I also tied a lot of mine low to the ground and this year will be going higher if I can.

As for the line I am so pumped. Just picked up my paperwork from the F and Wildlife the other day and it is mine now!!! YIPEEEE
I will for sure take the camera out boys and hope to remember to take a lot of pics for you. I have a lot of work to do out there to get things ready. I got 13 boxes on leaning trees already now and want to have my loops cleared and another 50+ boxes out and ready for bait by the time season is rolling.
I am off to Azerjaiban for my Tur hunt so I won't be back till mid November after the season starts but should get in there and start trapping right after or I got a buddy that can get things going for me while I am gone and do my first check once I get home. Should be fun. And yes I need to make it to the Rendevous to meet you guys