View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9044 View Post
Funny thing I seen some pics on one forum of the muskrat demo and I could swear I was sitting next to the photographer. One pic had my bro just sneaking out to the mens room. hahahahha. I left a message on a couple of forums to meet up and dugh picked me out. Very nice fellow. Met his wife exchanged stories good experience. Good to put a face to the name kinda thing.
Too bad we couldn't have met up. Who knows maybe we had a chat and didn't even know. Hahaha. Next year I will put something out that we wear flag tape or something so we can chat.
As per my post some guys were saying they used kill springs without triggers some guys liked coyotes wrapped up in bush. I am not bad mouthing any system if it works for you great go giver. But I was more concerned about guys using any system and having it not work to its potiencial and bad mouthing it. I am a big fan of kill springs whether it is a ram or stinger cause it is humane. Not only that (which is the most important) it saves my valuable coyote trails. Once one trail is damaged as a catch circle or sage brush grass is knocked over I have never snared another coyote in that location. Again I am no expert and again sorry for the essay.

Next year I will put it out there that everyone on this forum that is going to the trapper rendevous is to wear an Edmonton ekimos hat so we can meet up. Hahaha just a joke, flag tape or something. We all have a year to figure it out.

I hope nube will be there next year with stories of his trapline.

Bill
It is too bad I didnt meet more from the forum. I bet there was a bunch of guys.
Bottom line for me is, there are lots of ways to achieve the end result. A humanely harvested coyote. Whatever works for the individual trapper is good enough for me. I always like trying and hearing about new methods.

I sure hope Nube doesnt forget the camera when he heads out for his maiden year on his new line. For sure there will be some ups and downs, but I bet there will always be a huge smile in all the pics!